The smell of the mentha spicata plant is immediately recognizable thanks to its cool, sweet, pungent aroma. Our spearmint essential oil is steam-distilled from leaves grown in China.
Spearmint essential oil has a potent cooling effect when applied topically, and can be used on damaged, reddened skin as well as added to muscle rubs. Aromatically, it stimulates the nerves, provides balance and grounding, and restores the mind. Diffuse, mix into water and spray, or apply topically in 2-5% dilution.
Spearmint Essential Oil has a fresh minty smell reminiscent of Peppermint. The major difference is that Spearmint oil is sweeter, and not quite as harsh.
The ancient Greeks used Spearmint to scent their bath water. It also had a reputation for curing sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, and for whitening teeth and healing sore gums. This might be credited to its ability to mimic a local anesthetic.
Spearmint Essential Oil may irritate mucous membranes.
Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.