Cinnamomum zeylanicum is indigenous to Sri Lanka and is now commonly also grown in Madagascar. It is a tropical evergreen tree in the laurel family growing up to 45 feet tall in the wild. The tree has a highly fragrant odor and is commonly used in small amounts as a spicy addition to creams, lotions and soaps. Our cinnamon is steam-distilled from the very thin, smooth bark of trees grown in Sri Lanka.
Cinnamon is often used for its protective properties, and is great to add to cleaning mixes. In extremely low dilution, it is a very warming oil, and can be used in massage for a powerful uplifting effect. Diffuse mixed with a blend (alone it is extremely potent) or apply in a blend or extreme (max 0.2%) dilution. A 0.2% dilution is 1 drop to 5 teaspoons of carrier oil.
Cinnamon Bark Oil has a warm, spicy scent characteristic of cinnamon.
Medicinal use of Cinnamon Bark was first recorded in Chinese formulations as early as 2700 B.C. The herb has been used as a healing aid for stomach upset and gas, diarrhea, rheumatism, kidney ailments, and abdominal pain. The Egyptians used it as a foot massage, as well as a remedy for excessive bile. It was used as an ingredient of mulled wines, love potions and a sedative during birth.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil can be irritating to the skin and mucous membranes - particularly in large doses. It should always be used in dilution.
Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.