Basil essential oil is great for massage and to bring clarity.
Basil is grown around the world in dozens of different forms as a spice and culinary plant. Some plants grow tiny leaves only a few inches tall before being harvested, while others can grow multiple feet tall and last year-round. Our basil essential oil is steam-distilled from the leaves of the Indian Ocimum basilicum.
- In Greek its name means ‘royal remedy’ or ‘king’.
- It is a beloved culinary plant of Indian, Asian, and Mediterranean countries.
- Basil’s botanical name is Ocimum basilicum. Ocimum is derived from the Greek word osme, which means to smell.
|Botanical Name:||Ocimum basilicum|
|Country of Origin:||India|
|Extraction Method:||Steam distillation|
|Aromatic Scent:||sweet vaguely anise-like, mint, smoky odor|
|Blends Well With:||Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Lime, Eucalyptus, Juniper, Lemon, Neroli, Rosemary|
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.