Basil is grown around the world in dozens of different forms as a spice and culinary plant. Some plants grow tiny leaves only a few inches tall before being harvested, while others can grow multiple feet tall and last year-round. Our basil essential oil is steam-distilled from the leaves of the Indian Ocimum basilicum.
Basil essential oil is great for massage and to bring clarity. Diffuse, mix into blends, or apply topically in 2-5% dilution.
This variety has a sweet vaguely anise-like, mint, smoky odor.
In Greek its name means 'royal remedy' or 'king'. It is a beloved culinary plant of Indian, Asian and Mediterranean countries.
May irritate sensitive skin.
Do not use during pregnancy.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over.
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.