The gaultheria procumbens plant has a sweet, candy-like scent that continues into its essential oil, which is used to flavor candies and carbonated beverages. Our wintergreen essential oil is steam-distilled from wintergreen leaves grown in India.
Wintergreen is the "fire" in fire & ice - our muscle blend, and has excellent warming ability. Aromatically, it promotes clear breathing. Diffuse or apply topically in 2-5% dilution.
Wintergreen Essential Oil has a strong mint candy flavor.
Wintergreen was is commonly used as bait to attract male orchid bees. It was also first used by the native Americans to increase lung capacity and improve respiratory problems.
Avoid use if pregnant. For topical use only.
NOTE: Wintergreen has an exceptionally sweet smell and taste. It also contains high amounts of natural salicylates, which can thin blood. The combination makes wintergreen essential oil a significant hazard to children. Keep out of reach of children, and always apply in dilution.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.