Sandalwood essential oil is great for all types of skin and is commonly used to improve meditation.
The Santalum album is a parasitic tree that grows natively in India, where it is prized for its use in spiritual and natural healing. Over-harvesting has pushed Sandalwood into endangered status in India, where crime rings commit atrocities to cut government-owned trees before their full maturity. Our sandalwood is steam-distilled from ethically sourced Indian and Australian wood.
- The documented use of sandalwood goes back 4000 years to India, Egypt, Greece, and Rome.
- Many temples and structures were built from sandalwood and the Egyptians used it in embalming. This practice has steadily decreased to the point where East Indian sandalwood is now only being used for the distillation of oil.
- The largest reason for this is the over-harvesting of the tree coupled with the 30-years required for the regeneration. As with all of our oils, we acquire our oils ethically, in this case, it is through state-sponsored auctions in the Mysore region of India.
|Country of Origin:
|India and Australia
|rich, balsamic, sweet fragrance with delicate wood notes that add to its reputation as a luxurious and exquisite oil
|Blends Well With:
|Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Patchouli, Vetiver, Rose
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.