100% Pure, Sandalwood Essential Oil
The santalum album is a parasitic tree that grows natively in India, where it is prized for its use in spiritual and natural healing. Over-harvesting has pushed Sandalwood into endangered status in India, where crime rings commit atrocities to cut government-owned trees before their full maturity. Our sandalwood is steam-distilled from ethically sourced wood.
Sandalwood essential oil is great for all types of skin and is commonly used to improve meditation. Apply topically in a 5% dilution.
Sandalwood East Indian Essential Oil has a rich, balsamic, sweet fragrance with delicate wood notes that add to it's reputation as a luxurious and exquisite oil.
The documented use of Sandalwood goes back 4000 years to India, Egypt, Greece and Rome. Many temples and structures were built from Sandalwood and the Egyptians used it in embalming. This practice has steadily decreased to the point where Sandalwood East Indian is now only being used for the distillation of oil. The largest reason for this is the over-harvesting of the tree coupled with the 30 year period required for the regeneration. As with all of our oils, we acquire our oils ethically, in this case it is through State sponsored auctions in the Mysore Region of India.
Sandalwood East Indian Essential Oil is considered non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing oil.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over.
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.