Juniperus communis is a small bushy shrub native to cool temperate areas of the Northern Hemisphere and may have one of the widest distributions of any woody plant. The fruit of the shrub are berry-like cones and not actually true berries. The small seed cones have very fleshy & merged scales that give it a berry-like appearance. Our Indian juniper berry essential oil is steam distilled from the "berries" of the plant.
Juniper Berry has a fresh, rich, balsamic scent reminiscent of pine needles. Other types of Juniper have a sharp Gin-like smell.
Juniper Berry has traditionally been used as an aromatic aid to meditation, and had remedial applications. Western American Indian tribes combined the berries of Juniperus communis with Berberis root bark in a herbal tea. Native Americans also used juniper berries as a female contraceptive.
Juniper Berry Essential Oil is non-irritating and non-sensitizing. Contact with eyes should be avoided. Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.