Ginger is great for bringing balance and grounding. Breathe deeply during times of stress or imbalance; topically, it warms.
Ginger root has been grown as a spice for thousands of years. Our ginger is steam-distilled from zingiber officinalis rhizomes grown in China and India.
- The plant is said to originate from India, China and Java, but is also native to Africa and the West Indies.
- It is believed that ginger was brought to Europe between the 10th and 15th century as both a condiment and spice.
- It has been used since ancient times; it is recorded specifically in both Sanskrit and Chinese texts. It is also mentioned in literature from the Greeks, Romans, and Arabians.
|Botanical Name:||Zingiber officinalis|
|Country of Origin:||China and India|
|Extraction Method:||Steam distillation|
|Aromatic Scent:||warm, spicy, woody scent|
|Blends Well With:||Bergamot, Cardamom, Black Pepper, Spearmint, Orange, Sandalwood, Ylang ylang|
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.