100% Pure, Cypress Essential Oil.
The cupressus sempervirens tree can live to be over 1000 years old, and produces soft green needles and twigs all year long. Our cypress essential oil is steam-distilled from needles and twigs grown in France.
Cypress essential oil has astringent properties, which make it great for applying to oily skin. It can also reduce the appearance of varicose veins and be applied in places with extreme perspiration. Aromatically, cypress has a woody scent that can relax and calm the mind. Diffuse, apply in 2-5% dilution, or mix a few drops into a spray bottle with water.
Cypress French Essential Oil has a spicy, herbaceous, slightly woody evergreen aroma. It is fresh and clean.
The Phoenicians and Cretans used Cypress wood for building ships and homes. The Egyptians used the wood for making sarcophagi (coffins), and the Greeks used it for sculpturing statues of their gods. The Greek word 'Sempervirens' means 'lives forever' or ‘ever-living’. The tree gave its name to the island of Cypress where it used to be worshiped. The legend says the cross of Jesus had been made of cypress wood and it generally seems to be connected with death.
None known. This oil is regarded as being very gentle and suitable for all skin types.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over.
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.