Cypress essential oil improves the appearance of oily skin. It can also improve the appearance of unsightly veins. Aromatically, cypress has a woody scent that can relax and calm the mind.
The Cupressus sempervirens tree can live to be over 1000 years old and produces soft green needles and twigs all year long. Our cypress essential oil is steam-distilled from needles and twigs grown in France and Spain.
- The Phoenicians and Cretans used Cypress wood for building ships and homes.
- The Egyptians used the wood for making sarcophagi (coffins), and the Greeks used it for sculpturing statues of their gods.
- The Greek word ‘Sempervirens’ means ‘lives forever’ or ‘ever-living’.
- The tree gave its name to the island of Cypress where it used to be worshiped.
- The legend says the cross of Jesus had been made of cypress wood and it generally seems to be connected with death.
- Associated with death and afterlife, cypress trees were often planted in graveyards and the wood was used to make coffins.
- Several cultures enjoy munching on the pine nuts and include them in their everyday diet.
|Botanical Name:||Cupressus sempervirens|
|Country of Origin:||France and Spain|
|Extraction Method:||Steam distillation|
|Plant Part:||Needles and twigs|
|Aromatic Scent:||spicy, herbaceous, slightly woody evergreen aroma; it is fresh and clean|
|Blends Well With:||Lavender, Tea Tree, Lemon, Geranium, Cedarwood, Pine, Orange, Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Juniper, Rose, Jasmine, Cardamom|
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.