The salvia sclarea (clary sage) plant contains powerful phytoestrogens in the form of sclareol. Our clary sage essential oil is steam-distilled from leaves and flowers grown in Bulgaria.
Clary sage is excellent for balancing feminine issues, and can be diffused or applied topically to relieve stress and tension. It is also an excellent ingredient to massage blends for its ability to promote soothing relief in spasming muscles. Diffuse or apply to the abdomen or skin in a 2-5% dilution.
Clary sage is sometimes used to stimulate uterine contractions. As such, the essential oil should not be used during pregnancy.
Clary Sage Essential Oil has an earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous
The name Clary Sage is derived from the Latin word for clear - probably because the herb was once used for clearing mucous from the eyes. During the sixteenth century it was also used in England for brewing beer as a replacement for hops.
Clary Sage Oil is non-toxic, and non-sensitizing.
It is not to be used during pregnancy
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over.
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.