Clary sage is excellent balancing oil for females and can be diffused or applied topically to relieve stress. It is also an excellent ingredient to massage blends.
The Salvia sclarea (clary sage) plant contains powerful phytoestrogens in the form of sclareol. Our clary sage essential oil is steam-distilled from leaves and flowers grown in Bulgaria and France.
- The name Clary Sage is derived from the Latin word for clear – probably because the herb was once used for clearing mucous from the eyes.
- During the sixteenth century, it was also used in England for brewing beer as a replacement for hops.
|Botanical Name:||Salvia sclarea|
|Country of Origin:||Bulgaria and France|
|Extraction Method:||Steam distillation|
|Plant Part:||Leaves and flowers|
|Aromatic Scent:||earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous|
|Blends Well With:||Bergamot, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Sandalwood, Ylang-ylang|
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.