Cedrus atlantica is a subspecies of the lebanon cedar, and was found originally in the Atlas mountains of North Africa, where it serves to create a natural habitat for a number of endangered species. Our cedarwood essential oil is steam-distilled from the wood of cedar grown in the USA.
Cedarwood essential oil is excellent for stress or as an application to extremely dry or irritated skin. Diffuse or apply topically in a 2-10% dilution.
Cedarwood can also be used to repel moths or to revitalize cedar chests that have lost their scent. Clean and dry exposed wood, then sand, brush, and buff the wood with cedarwood essential oil on a soft cloth for a beautiful finish and lasting scent.
Cedarwood Atlas Oil has a woody, sweet, sharper note than Virginian Cedarwood, slight aroma reminiscent of artificial mothballs, balsamic.
This Cedarwood originated in the Atlas Mountains in North Africa. In former times, linen chests were frequently crafted from this wood to keep moths out. To date, clothes hangers are frequently crafted from this wood. The ancient Egyptians already used this oil, namely to embalm, for cosmetics and perfumery.
Non-toxic, non-irritant. Avoid during pregnancy.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over.
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.