The citrus bergamia tree grows natively in Italy and has a fruit similar to both the lime and grapefruit. Bergamot essential oil has been prized for hundreds of years for its use in perfumery. Our bergamot essential oil is cold-pressed from unprocessed peel of the Italian bergamot.
Bergamot has a bright, uplifting scent and is great to brighten any mood. Our bergamot oil can also be applied topically to soothe dry skin. Diffuse or apply in 2-5% dilution.
Our bergamot essential oil is bergaptene-free, which means that the components that cause photosensitivity have been removed. Bergaptene can cause severe burning when applied topically and followed by sun exposure.
The aroma is basically citrus, yet fruity and sweet with a warm spicy floral quality, and is reminiscent of Neroli and Lavender Oils.
The name Bergamot is derived from the city Bergamo in Lombardy where the oil was first sold. The tree is native to South East Asia, but was introduced to Europe where the commercial growing began.
It may cause sensitivity in some individuals.
Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over.
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Nearly all orders are shipped with USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground. Options for faster delivery service are available during checkout.
- Large orders for books may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.