Bergamot has a bright, uplifting scent and is great to brighten any mood. Our bergamot oil can also be for improving the appearance of dry skin.
The Citrus bergamia tree grows natively in Italy and has a fruit similar to both the lime and grapefruit. Bergamot essential oil has been prized for hundreds of years for its use in perfumery. Our bergamot essential oil is cold pressed from unprocessed peel of the Italian bergamot.
Our bergamot essential oil is bergaptene-free, which means that the components that cause photosensitivity have been removed. Bergaptene can cause severe burning when applied topically and followed by sun exposure.
- The name Bergamot is derived from the city Bergamo in Lombardy where the oil was first sold. The tree is native to South East Asia but was introduced to Europe where the commercial growing began.
- Bergamot is the characteristic flavor in Earl Grey tea.
|Botanical Name:||Citrus bergamia|
|Country of Origin:||Italy|
|Extraction Method:||Cold expression|
|Aromatic Scent:||bright, uplifting, fresh, floral, slight citrus|
|Blends Well With:||Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang|
- Orders placed online will ship within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Free ground shipping is available on all orders $100 and over (excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and International shipping).
- For orders less than $100, actual shipping rates will be calculated based on the selected delivery service.
- Orders are shipping with USPS or UPS. Standard and expedited delivery options are available during checkout.
- Book orders may be sent with USPS Media Mail.
For more information about our shipping policy, please view our Customer Care page.